Summer is around the corner and I bet you’ll be looking for delicious quick and easy, healthy desserts! This Lime Coconut Cream Tart may just be one of your answers. It is smooth, fresh and light. A bonus of course, is that it is insanely easy to make. Here is the recipe:
2 ½ cups of coconut flakes
1 cup of ground almonds
½ cup of maple syrup
½ cup of macadamia nut butter
1 can of coconut cream (400ml) (an additional can if you would like to a add a top layer)
The juice of 2 limes
1/3 cup of maple syrup
½ tsp of spirulina
- Preheat oven to 140˚C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Knead the dry ingredients into a tart tin (or any other baking pan of your choice).
- Bake for 16 minutes. Once baked, remove it from the oven and flatten the inside of the base using
the back to a spoon.
- Leave the base to cool for up to 2 hours.
(NB: Only use the coconut cream for the filling. This entails separating the coconut cream from the coconut water. One way of doing this is to leave the can of coconut cream upside down in the fridge overnight. When you open the can, only use the cream which will generally be at the top of the can).
- Add all the filling ingredients into a blender and mix until the mix is smooth and creamy.
- Add the filling to the base and spread using the back of a spoon.
- Leave the tart in the fridge overnight: 8-10 hours.
Top layer (optional):
Once the filling has set, move on to this step.
- Add one can of coconut cream, 3 spoons of maple syrup and the juice of half a lime in a large bowl
- Add this layer on top of the filling and use the back of a spoon to create the meringue effect.